Monday, December 28, 2009

Jumping in, head first

Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll tell you that when it comes to home renovations and other projects, I'm pretty fearless. I'm not scared to read a book, look at the pictures, and try it myself.

Unfortunately, I don't always take into account the learning curve I need for big projects. Like the hardwood floors, for instance. I budgeted 2 weeks of my precious summer vacation to demo the floors and trim in three bedrooms and a hallway, lay down the floor, and replace the trim. Well, almost six months later, I finally finished the project. It looks great, but a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into those floors! Little did I know what I was getting into.

So even though I love starting new projects, I rarely know what I'm truly getting into. I'm usually biting off much more than I can chew. My hope for this blog is to help inspire other ladies out there to take on home renos, art projects, and other adventures....while giving it all a healthy dose of reality. I'll be honest about all my screw-ups and hopefully I can save someone from making my mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment